Divorcing like getting married is a life changing decision.
Marriage begins with a promise of “living happily ever after”…We enter our marriage confident “for better or worth until death us part…”
When we Divorce we acknowledge that we made a terrible mistake for trusting and believing that promise. It is common to experience feelings of deep hurt, loss of trust, anger, resentment and uncertainty of the future. There is great concern for the children’s well being and the impact on them of the divorce. In addition there are the practical legal, financial concerns. Our partner, who we considered our confidant, might become our adversary, a threat to our relationship with our children and our financial
Divorce can also have an impacts on our extended family and friends who now may takes sides resulting in possible loss of support and connections.
If any of the above describes some or all of your situation please pick up
the phone and
In a safe and supportive place we will focus on healing from the impact of divorce, Helping you become stronger and confident. You will have an opportunity to gain deep understanding of your contribution to the failed relationship and make the changes necessary to insure success in your future relationship choices.
Specific counseling will focus on
- Healing from anxiety and depression following the divorce
- Resolving anger and hurt feelings and possible new jealousies
- Skills to deal with: ”how can I trust again?” “ How do I not make another mistake”
- Help with feelings of guilt and shame ;“I failed”
- Learn how to say good bye to the past and Hello to future possibilities
- Help children adjust to the new reality.
- Address loneliness and the loss of friends, and or extended family.